This is a list of references made in the film series of Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Peter has a NASA sticker on his backpack, a reference to Peter working with NASA in the original comics.
- The team that makes up Stakar Ogord's team alludes to the original Guardians of the Galaxy members led by Yondu Udonta
- Yondu wears a red fin similar to that of
Peter's Music Edit
- Peter owns a blue TPS-L2 Sony Walkman from 1979.
- While sitting in the hospital while his mother is dying, young Peter Quill listens to "I'm Not in Love" by 10cc.
- While on Morag looking for the orb, Peter is listening to "Come and Get Your Love" by Redbone.
- As he and Bereet are making their escape from Morag on the Milano, they are listening to "Go All the Way" by the band, the Raspberries.
- The song "Hooked on a Feeling" (released in 1974) is played throughout the entire films.
- It was used in the theatrical trailers for both Guardians of the Galaxy and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- It is heard again when a prison guard steals Peter's Walkman and begins listening to it on Peter's headphones.
- The song is heard throughout the entire prisoner sequence.
- Peter listens to "Escape (The Piña Colada Song)" when retrieving his Walkman and while escaping the Kyln.
- "Moonage Daydream" by David Bowie is being played when the not-yet-named Guardians of the Galaxy enter Knowhere.
- The song Peter plays for Gamora to listen to on Knowhere is "Fooled Around and Fell in Love" by Elvin Bishop (released in 1975).
- After being abducted by Ravagers and making a deal with Yondu Udonta, the Guardians later explains their plans of how to retrieve the Stone from Ronan. During this sequence "Cherry Bomb" by The Runaways plays in the background.
- The song Peter sings and dances to in order to distract Ronan from his goals is "O-o-h Child" by Five Stairsteps.
- "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" is the first song that is listed on Peter's "Awesome Mix Vol. 2 tape.
- Groot dances to "I Want You Back" by Jackson Five.
- After his walkman is destroyed by his dad Peter is given a Zunes by Kraglin.
- While floating down to safety, Peter tells Yondu that he looks like Mary Poppins floating down on her iconic umbrella, which refers to the Disney character from the Disney film of the same name (Mary Poppins, 1941)
- Before he is fully captured by the Sakaarans, he sarcastically calls a Sakarran a "Ninja Turtle", a reference to the group of the same name (Guadians of the Galaxy).
- While waiting for the abilisk, Peter is seen holding a Mattel Electronics Classic Football game to track down the beast.
- The slogan Peter wears on his shirt reads "A Teneyck Galaxy Invention, a reference to Karen TenEyck, a graphic designer and MCU collaborator who worked on the film 
- When the Sovereign are attempting to kill the Guardians they are in a classical arcade game Galaga. 
- Also, there are classic arcade sounds being played .
- Peter refers to KITT, the talking car from Knight Rider several times. (Knight Rider)
- He refers to KITT when correcting Gamora that KITT is a talking car, not a boat.
- During Yondu's funeral, Peter compares Yondu's arrow to that of the talking car itself.
- While dancing with Gamora Peter refers to the show and the relationship between Ted Danson's Sam Malone and Shelley Long's Diane Chambers and mirrors their relationship with that of his and Gamora's "unspoken romance." (Cheers)
- Howard the Duck appears in Guardians of the Galaxy Volumes 1 and 2
- Peter becomes Pac-Man in his battle with his father. (Pac-Man)
- Peter calls Nebula "Smurfette", a reference to famous female character. (The Smurfs)
- Peter calling Rocket "Trash panda" is a reference to a meme that featured a raccoon on Reddit that had "trash panda" written across the bottom 
- The location Ego placed one of his plants is behind Dairy Queen, a famous fast food-chain.
Notes and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ http://whatculture.com/film/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-35-easter-eggs-references-you-must-see?page=6
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://whatculture.com/film/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-35-easter-eggs-references-you-must-see?page=7
- ↑ http://whatculture.com/film/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-35-easter-eggs-references-you-must-see?page=9