This article has major spoilers. Read at your own risk.
|“||Sometimes, the thing you're searching for your whole life is right there by your side all along.||”|
— Peter to the Guardians during Yondu's funeral
Peter Jason Quill (also known as Star-Lord) is the leader of the Guardians of the Galaxy, the son of Celestial Ego and human Meredith Quill, the adoptive son and protege of Yondu Udonta, and love interest to Gamora.
Peter is the main protagonist of the Guardians of the Galaxy trilogy. He also appears in the non-canon TV series
Originally from Terra, Peter was kidnapped and raised by Yondu Udonta and became the outlaw known as Star-Lord. Peter abandoned the faction on his own and stole an Infinity stone he attempted to sell himself. He later became part of his own team called the "Guardians of the Galaxy" after forming a reluctant alliance with the deadly Assassin Gamora, the genetically modified raccoon Rocket, a tree like creature known as Groot, and the man with muscles known as Drax. However, he first learned that he was half-human from Nova Corps.
Peter is based on the character of the same name from the 2008 Guardians of the Galaxy comic book series.
Peter was portrayed by Chris Pratt in the film series
Peter is the steryotypical man, who was usually a womanizer and has no honor (according to Gamora). However, as the film progresses, Peter soon begins to develop a sense of pride and familial intention towards his team, promising to look after them.
Peter is a young man about thirty four years old. Usually, Peter 's traditional form consists of a red leather jacket, belt holding his blasters, blue shirt, brown jeans, and red rocket boots.
In the sequel he still dresses the same way he always did with a blue shutter that had a logo on it. However, it's text is unknown.
Powers and Abilities Edit
- Hybrid Physiology
- Enhanced Durability
- Enhanced Healing: Peter can heal faster than humans do, but not as fast as other alien species.
- Enhanced Condition
Early life Edit
Peter was born in 1980 on the planet, Earth (or known as Terra to other aliens.Being raised by a single mother, while having a fatherless childhood, and seeing other children playing ball with their dad, Peter often walked around with a picture of David Hasselhoff around in his pocket and told other children that he was his father. However, when asked where his dad was, Peter said he was filming or on tour with the band.
His mom made Peter a tape filled with her favorite songs growing up. However, their happy family was short lived when Meredith was diagnosed with brain cancer due to Ego planting a tumor in her head. The last few months Pete had with Meredith were rough. He began fighting with the other boys while meeting raised by his grandfather for a short time.
Role in film Edit
Role in sequel Edit
In the sequel, Peter (with the help of the Guardians of the Galaxy) find out who his father is and keep his family of friends together.
Additional appearances Edit
Peter appears in the non-canon TV series, to a character who follows both the movie and the comic books character.
He will appear in the 2018 movie, The Infinity Wars and the fourth Avengers film, along with the rest of the Guardians.
- Peter adopted the alias "Star-Lord" based on his mom calling him that nickname when he was a child.
- During the events of Guardians of the Galaxy and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Peter is thirty four years old.
- By The Avengers: Infinity War, Peter is thirty-six years old.
- Peter has several similarities with Gamora, his teammate and potential love interest.
- Both have lost family members, notably his parents (Gamora lost both her parents while Peter has not only lost two parents, but three).
- They were raised by a father who shows hardly any paternal instincts to each other. (However, the only difference is Yondu does care about Peter and also came to love him while Gamora's adoptive father sees her as a weapon more than a figure).
- Both come from hard upbringings
- They have a sibling who is seemingly jealous of their treatment (Nebula for Gamora since the latter got everything while the former got ripped apart and Kraglin for Peter, which the former was jealous because of Yondu's treatment for the boy).
- However, Kraglin never really wants to kill Peter while Nebula does want to kill her younger sibling.
- His code-name Star-Lord comes from the fact that his mother named him
- Quill has a crush on Gamora, as most of the members know this, such as Drax by Volume 2.
- He is mostly referred to as "Quill" by Rocket, Gamora and Drax, but Gamora calls him by his first name in the last few minutes of Guardians of the Galaxy.
- He has not been on Terra since 1988.
- His biological father's identity and species was not known until Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 . His father was Ego the living Planet and he was a Celestial.
- In Guardians of the Galaxy, Peter has a NASA patch on his backpack, referring to Peter originally becoming a NASA Astronaut in one of the comics' alternate realities.
- Peter is primarily portrayed by Chris Pratt in both films, with Wyatt Oleff portraying a young Peter Quill in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
- Peter's last name comes from his step-father, Jake Quill in the comics, but in the films, he gets his last name from his mother, as there is no implications that Meredith married another manl.
- This story was later ret-conned
- the comics, Peter's father was J'son of Spartax, but in the films, his father is Ego the Living Planet. However, J'son is his father in the animated films.
- Peter's love interest and eventual girlfriend in the comics was Katherine "Kitty" Pryde, who was a Member of the X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy
- Peter was actually hired as a cabin boy to Yondu's crew after the latter of the two learned Peter was an orphan just like him. In the film, Peter is adopted by Yondu shortly after his mother, Meredith died.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Based on the fact that there is a notecard in the film that says "thirty four years later" and because Peter was eight years old when he was abducted by Aliens)
- ↑ Guardians of the Galaxy
- ↑ https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/863882306431328257